The 5 main motivators to downsize
Date Posted: September 16, 2021
According to Rogen Presentation Skills, people are often influenced by 5 main factors when it comes to making a purchase decision. They are more likely to buy a product or service if it will help them to achieve one or more of the following: look good, feel good, save money, save time, make money.
At Discover Downsizing, we understand that making the move to a Downsizing Community is a big and important decision that takes time and consideration.
To help you understand how you could benefit by downsizing, we’ve outlined how the decision to downsize responds to each of these 5 motivating factors.
Falling in love with the homes within Downsizing Communities is easy! Land Lease Communities feature brand new homes (and some pre-loved ones too), that require very little maintenance and upkeep. Most homes come with ready-to-move in inclusions like luxury kitchen appliances, heating and cooling, floor coverings, window furnishings, landscaping and more.
With a beautiful, low-maintenance home that features modern appliances, landscaped gardens and luxury facilities on your doorstep, you’ll surely be the envy of your social circle!
There are many ways you’ll feel your best when you call a Downsizing Community home.
- You’ll have many opportunities to get active and stay fit at your own pace, with a range of quality amenities and facilities at your doorstep. These could often include a clubhouse, indoor pool and spa, gymnasium, wellness centre, tennis court, bowling green and more!
- Downsizing to a land-lease community can help to eliminate or minimise everyday life stressors, such as safety and security, home maintenance and finances. As a result, you’ll feel carefree and at ease.
- Feeling socially connected plays a big part in your overall wellness. Luckily, when you call a downsizing community home, you’ll become part of a supportive and well-connected community.
- You’ll have the freedom to enjoy bigger, better holidays throughout the year, giving you something to look forward to and helping you live your best life.
To discover all the ways your wellness will benefit when you make the move to a Land Lease Community, read our blog.
Downsizing to a smaller, low-maintenance home also means less time fixing and cleaning up, and more time doing the things you love – like travelling! You’ll eliminate the time and stress that comes with tending to a larger home and garden.
Downsizing also encourages you to declutter, reassess the things you need and take with you only the things that bring you joy. With less time spent on cleaning and maintaining your home, you’ll be surprised by how much more time you’ll have to do the things you love.
Downsizing to a smaller home in a secure community can help you save money in a range of ways:
- You’ll experience reduced living costs as your new home will be cheaper to heat and cool
- You’ll save on repairs and maintenance as your home will be brand new
- You could save on household insurance costs because you live in a secure environment
- You won’t need to pay stamp duty or council rates
This means you’ll have more money to put towards the things you really want (like that new caravan…or a long holiday)!
To discover all the financial benefits that downsizing has to offer, read our blog.
Perhaps the biggest way your bank account will benefit from downsizing to a more affordable home, is freeing up the equity that’s sitting in your current home. Your home is most likely your biggest asset; downsizing will help you liberate a significant amount of cash that’s tied up in your home.
To read more ways downsizing can help you unlock the lifestyle of your dreams, read our blog.